Baldenheim is a French village, located in the department of Bas-Rhin and the Alsace region.
Village member of the Canton of Marckolsheim borough Sélestat-Erstein and located on the road between Hessenheim and Muttersholtz. The inhabitants are called Baldenheimois. Ober-Rathsamhausen was part of the town.
The occupation of the site is attested by the existence of a Merovingian and Carolingian cemetery of a hundred graves, the rich furniture book including the famous helmet Baldenheim preserved in the archaeological museum of Strasbourg. The village belonged to the Duchy of Württemberg in 1324. The latter was then given as a fief to the family Rathsamhausen zum Stein. Upon termination of this noble family, Louis XIV gave the engineer Chamlay to load for him to pay homage to the Duke of Württemberg, who upon the death of the commander of Chamlay, granted the fief family Sondersleben -Coligny. Until the Revolution, it was owned by the family of Freundstein Waldner whose castle was demolished in 1820.
Baldenheim is known for its ” Baldenheim white apple.”
Local Sites and Monuments:
Protestant church (late eleventh early twelfth century)
St. Louis Catholic Church
Koenig House (eighteenth century)
Shelter of the Maginot Line (1930)
|Phone:||+33(0)6 04 12 49 52|
|Address:||7 rue de Sélestat 67600 BALDENHEIM|
|GPS:||Lat: 48° 14′ 19″ Nord Lon:7° 32′ 21″ Est|